Saturday 4 October 2014

Grey No More OOTD


It's officially October, though the sun remains to be shining over London. For most this is a reason to smile, but as someone who loves the holiday season, I'm yearning for winter festivities to fast approach us! Though with today's 22 degrees, it was impossible for me to squeeze jeans on and to throw a jumper over top. I'm not much of a skirt/dress wearer, yet over the passed year, the midi length trend has definitely allowed my legs to see the light of day. If I wear midi skirts or dresses during the day, I tend to style them with a pair of leather ankle boots - not only to add a little bit of a less feminine 'edge', but also to make the look appear more casual. I also added my Miss Selfridge Fedora , which just seems to be making an appearance every other day. I've been totally obsessed with chucking it on to add a little 'grunge' edge to every outfit, and it simply works wonders on third day hair (when it's beyond Batiste's help). Sunglasses, as always are my Ray Ban Classic Aviators, found  here.


As you may have gathered by now, my wardrobe colour pallatte does not exceed white and black, and grey is my idea of colour. If I've managed to incorporate a grey piece, then I tend to give myself a pat on the back for effort! This 'Army' cropped t-shirt is a Vintage Renewal buy from Urban Outfitters. This jersey charcoal grey skirt is from Boohoo and is still available to buy here for only £8!

These boots are totally Western meets Biker, the stitching and the slight metal toe cap add so much detailing to a somewhat simple outfit - love! They were bought in H&M last year so I couldn't find the exact pair to link for you, however you may be able to find similar styles from their new A/W range online here. Finally, my bag - this little gem is a vintage Celine satchel-style bag, which I was incredibly lucky to receive as a hand-me-down. Although it may be a little difficult to find this particular handbag, you can rummage through your local charity shops and thrift stores for that similar 'vintage' effect (probably for an eighth of high street prices).

I hope you've all had a lovely start to October!
Saina
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment