Saturday 13 July 2013

New York Beauty Haul


Now by no means is 15 lip products justifiable, but I’m going to try my hardest here! As most of you, I’m assuming will already know, most of the USA’s drugstore products are not available to us in different parts of the world. Or often, we have to wait for months until something as simple as a lip balm can be released to the UK’s beauty market. Therefore my mission for this trip was to hit the drugstore’s in full force and grab as many things that I’ve been lusting over.
Evidently, the incredibly cheap brand Wet & Wild won me over! With lipsticks and blushers priced around $3 I took no chances and grabbed almost every shade that suits my complexion and I can confirm they were my star purchases of the trip. The Wet & Wild matte lipsticks are products that I’ve not heard anything about, but the risk I made was totally worth it as these are now my favourite matte lips. The texture of these products are moisturizing when first applied and then dry to a semi matte, velvety finish with incredibly long staying power.
A US trip would not be successful without an EOS lipbalm, I picked up this one in ‘Strawberry Sorbet’ and it’s just your average lip balm with quirky packaging- not much to add to that. I also picked up a Maybeline Color Whisper in the shade ‘Lust for Blush’ a natural, pinkey nude with an added sheen – very moisturizing and due to the added buttery texture the lasting power is not great. Re-application is required after 15 minutes!
A product that has always gained my interest is the Ben Nye Banana Powder, so I picked up a bottle and I’ve loved using these over my t-zone and under eye area over concealer. It’s an extremely, finely milled powder with a non chalky finish allowing your own skin to shine through but keeps greasiness at bay.
Of course I had to hop on to the bandwagon and pick up a bottle of Makeup Forever HD Foundation – although due to the hot weather I’ve been sticking to Tinted Moisturizer and haven’t been able to test this product out yet. Another cult product is Sephora’s Mineral Powder brush, so I quickly picked it up and I’ve loved the finish this gives to my skin and it’s quickly replaced my Real Techniques Buffing Brush! From Sephora, I also picked a Color-Adapt Bronzer, Highlight in ‘Star Dust’, an eye crayon in ‘Matte Dark Brown’ and a waterproof eyeliner in  ‘Cocoa’ and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by these.
I discovered a New York based brand called Nikka K and picked up a couple of their eye crayons and lip products, the crayons have a living power of a few hours, so I’ll suggest an eye shadow primer before application.
A few NYX blushers and lip products were quickly placed into my shopping basket too as I’ve been wanting to test these out for months. Once again, the reviews and raves have not failed me and these products have earned a spot in my favourites.
Finally, I picked up a couple of mascara’s – Revlon’s Grow Luscious, and L’oreal’s Telecsopic Shocking Extensions. And a lipstick from Milani in the shade ‘Nude Crème’ which is basically a dupe for Mac’s Hue both in texture and colour. 
Let me know if you would like an in-depth review of any of the products! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment