Tuesday 16 July 2013

Review: Michael Kors Medium Jet Set Saffiano Tote in Black


In addition to a few kilograms of makeup, clothing and accessory bits and bobs, and a pair of Prada sunglasses, my main purchase of my NYC trip was this Michael Kors Tote bag. This purchase was not a planned buy, but after being responsible throughout the trip and making the most of the beautiful weather by walking to places, and using the subway, (which was often an eighth of the price of a cab) I found myself ‘sparing’ a few hundred dollars on the last day. Our last day consisted of a trip to Union Square to hit Zumiez, a flagship urban clothing store, and Nordstrom Rack, a big department style store with discounted, last season high-end brands. And after not finding much there, we headed back up to Times Square – first stop, Macy’s! Believe it or not, this was our first time actually going inside, despite it being 2 minutes away from us, and somewhere we passed by every day, a department store, much like the ones in London just did not tickle my fancy. 
Now, I must confess, Michael Kors has never been a brand I see myself wearing, neither have I ever lusted over any of their products. But somehow, in the moment, I decided I needed a bigger travel bag for my flight the next day. Considering the price, the Medium Jet Set Saffiano Tote seemed a justified choice, and within minutes I found myself waiting for the lady to check the stock. Obviously, they were out stock. However, having set the idea in my mind and having envisioned tomorrow’s flight with a bigger bag, I was determined to make this bag mine. We then walked onto Fifth Avenue and straight into Lord and Taylor and bought the bag straight away!
Thoughts on this bag: Spacious! If you’re anything like me and carry random things ‘just in case’ and are in love with the look of big bags, this is for you! The bag has 3 sections, with the middle section having a zip. There is also a small zipped pocket on one side of the bag, and a couple of open pockets on the other – ideal for your phone. This bag has gold hardware that isn’t too obnoxious - couple of dainty buckles on the straps, and of course the lettering and logo at the front. I’m going to be using this bag for more casual occasions such as Lunch or dinner dates. But because of it’s classic, structured shape, and colour, this bag can also be dressed up, perhaps with leather skinnies, ankle strap heels, and a sheer top.
If you like holding your bags onto your shoulders, you may struggle by doing so with this bag due its shape and size. As it’s quite big and square like, you are better off holding it on your arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment