Saturday 13 July 2013

Travel Post – Back from New York


So, the reason for my absence, I hope will be justified by the excuse that I was too busy soaking up American goodness in New York City! Having been back for almost a week, I’m still going through an intense holiday blues period whereby everything brings back memories of my amazing time away, and almost nothing has managed to brighten my mood – not even the sun! 
Needless to mention, New York was out-of-this-world. The City That Never Sleeps - a well fitted label with the bright lights and sky scrapers of Times Square always sparkling like diamonds, looking down at crowds upon crowds of people, shops open practically until midnight with some open even beyond that. Restaurants and bars filled with happy people, such welcoming smiles and conversations. The city is filled with fashion, media, art and entertainment, of which it oozes creativity from its every corner. A comforting feeling of never being alone accompanies you on the streets of New York. Car horns, the sounds of people talking, the smell of carbon monoxide mixed with smells of food being cooked on stalls, from every corner, bring life to your surroundings. I could literally go on and on. You can tell I’ve been mesmerized and fallen head over heels for the hustle and bustle that comes with the city of New York.
I have attached some images from my trip and will follow this post with some snaps and short details of what I bought on my one too many shopping trips out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment