Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review – Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer:



If you know me personally then you would most definitely know that I hate tanning, whether that be a natural tan, sunbed, spray tan or a tanning product. Of course many jaws will drop, frowns will be formed and eyes will be rolled at this remark, however I just don’t think I look aesthetically pleasing once I catch the sun. My natural skin is not exactly pale so I tend to embrace the natural ‘tan’ in my skin tone, rather than try to enhance it. I have a rather pale olive skin tone, with yellow undertones – this means when I tan, which I do incredibly easily, my skin turns to a golden brown colour. Sounds beautiful, I know, but it just does not suit me!
Having said that, because my arms are usually more exposed than my legs are, I always find my legs to be incredibly pale and not balanced with the rest of my body. For that reason I was on the hunt for a subtle tanning product to just equalize the colour distribution all over my body, and that’s when I find this gradual tanner.
Now, I think everyone has at one point in their lives loved the original Palmer’s cocoa butter moisturizer, so when I set eyes on the gradual tanner I felt an odd nostalgic and comforting vibe from this bottle. This product claims that it ‘Builds & maintains a natural looking tan for all skin types’ – and well, I agree.
This is a perfect tanning product for beginners (like myself) as it’s extremely easy to use, no fuss, no mess and you use it just like you would a normal moisturizer. I like to apply a couple of pumps worth and evenly distribute it by rubbing it into my exfoliated legs and feet. What is extremely important to me is the smell of tanning products, the feeling it leaves it on my legs, and the colour result. This product ticks all of the above. After application, there is a sweet cocoa butter meets chocolate scent, though it does not linger on for too long – at least it doesn’t smell of the chemicals that other tanning products smell of! It also feels extremely light on the skin, it absorbs quickly and there is no sticky, greasy aftermath. More importantly the colour payoff – what amazes me most about this product is the results. I’m not sure if there’s something about the way it reacts with skin tones but it gives me the perfect colour, matching the rest of my body and leaves my skin looking completely natural. 

I really would recommend this product if you are looking for a colour boost, or to even out your skin tone.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment