Monday 17 June 2013

Review: Garnier Pure Active 2in1 Tinted Spot Roll-On



Today, I am going to share with you a somewhat review/recommendation that I think deserves more attention than it receives. I found this little beauty in TKmaxx a year ago, and with the price being around the £5 mark I thought I’d give it a go and throw it out if I didn’t see results. But oh how I was pleasantly surprised!
The Garnier Pure Active 2in1 Tinted Spot Roll-on (gosh, what a mouthful!) works as a concealer over blemishes but also treats problematic skin whilst concealing it. Sounds perfect right? Due to ingredients like Salicylic acid, herbasmooth and mineral pigments, this product soothes skin, reduces spot size and keeps them at bay.

*Just for reference, I have combination skin (leaning towards the dry side) that is highly sensitive and prone to breakouts. *
I will start by declaring my love for the application of this product, the roller ball design makes it so easy to swipe onto blemishes and due to its light consistency you do not have to spend time worrying about blending it in or setting it into your skin. I prefer to swipe the roller ball on top of any blemishes then lightly tap it in using my finger. There’s also something oddly refreshing and soothing about the metal roller ball against your skin at 9am when you need a boost to wake you up! Though it is extremely light on the skin, this is a full coverage concealer, leaving a smooth, even finish. It covers scars and spots like a dream but also leaves the skin looking natural, as if you’re not wearing any product at all.

Now, concealer aside – how does this product work as a spot treatment? On bad skin days, I skip my whole makeup routine and only use this all over blemishes and by the end of the day all spots have reduced in size and redness by significant amounts. I have also found this product has helped with blemish scars, and over time they have become more faint.
For the purpose of this review I tried to consider any downfalls this product may have, but I don’t think it has any! I highly recommend this concealer treatment, and I’ve found the cheapest place to buy it to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment