Saturday 1 June 2013

May Beauty Favourites:



This month my skin has witnessed a makeup intervention - a more brush-free makeup routine. I’ve been using the Cosmopolitan Beauty Sponge, and I absolutely love this thing. I achieve such quick and easy natural results, leaving the skin looking rather airbrushed and smooth, without looking like I’ve caked any product on at all. I use this in conjunction with my Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua, and it leaves a dewy finish with a slight glow, so if you prefer a matte finish, use a powder after to set the foundation. 
Chanel’s Vitalumiere Aqua is my go-to foundation during the warmer months, mainly because it feels really light on the skin. Despite its sheen finish, I find this has buildable coverage – depending on much product you layer on, you can cover almost all blemishes on those bad skin days. The foundation also has SPF 15 (which you can really smell, but I quite like the scent) and that’s an added bonus for those who like myself, are too lazy to apply an SPF. 
The BareMinerals Correcting Concealer has worked amazingly in conjunction with my foundation, covering imperfections and dark circles. I use my fingers to apply this under the eyes, around the nose and onto blemishes. There is no caking or drying out of the skin with this concealer.
This Dior mascara is a new discovery of mine. If you like big, volumized lashes whilst maintaining length and avoiding any product clumping, give ‘Diorshow Extase’ a go! I honestly feel like I’m wearing false lashes when I wear this. 
Stila Convertible Colour in ‘Petunia’ – following the brush-free theme, this cream blusher has earned a well-deserved spot in my favourites this month. I apply this onto my cheekbone using my thumb. It’s definitely a buildable colour, and it leaves a dewy (not oily) finish on the cheeks. 
OCC Lip Tar – I’m someone who wears bright colours on her lips all year round, a self-confessed lipstick junkie! And having recently discovered the OCC Lip Tars, I find that in the warmer months they are so much easier to wear – with all that Frappuccino sippin’ and all. They dry to a matte finish and I don’t have to worry about the colour budging for hours (literally, hours!). This shade ‘Radiate’ is perfect for adding colour to any look, it’s a vibrant orange toned red. 
Seche Vite & Essie polishes - As an attempt to add more colour in my life, I’ve been switching up my nail polish more often than usual. And I only have my Seche Vite to thank for that, this topcoat dries my nail polish in less than a few minutes, and it leaves a shiny, perfected finish. Some nail colours that I’ve loved recently are Essie’s ‘Fear & Desire’ and ‘Fifth Avenue’. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment