Monday 17 June 2013

Ootn: Monochrome Madness

Here’s a peak at what I wore out one night this weekend – brace yourselves for... More monochrome. With monochrome being a trend that appears to be hot at the moment (when is it not?), I thought I’d take advantage of this and keep my look rather classic and simple. I would usually add a bright lip, or nails to an outfit like this, but as always I was in a rush to leave the door and my nude lip was frantically applied in the car!
This little crop top is from Topshop and I love just how versatile it is – I pair it with high waisted trousers, skirts, shorts, just about anything.
This stripey midi skirt is also a versatile statement piece in my wardrobe that I like to wear on my casual days with t-shirts, flats and a cute satchel. Or I can dress it up like I did on this occasion with heels, a clutch and accessories.
Topshop’s Allegra’s were my heels of choice. These boots are just like your regular Chelsea Boots with a chunky heel, super comfortable and match almost everything. I love pairing these with dresses and skirts as they toughen up an outfit by adding edge.The Allegra boots are no longer available, but here's a similar option.
This cute clutch is a little quilted, vintage beauty that used to belong to my grandmother. What I love about this bag, besides the fact that it was my grandmothers, is the beautiful alligator skin detailing on the leather – it adds additional dimension and detail to a simple outfit.

Here’s to yet another monochrome outfit!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment