Tuesday 16 July 2013

New York Series: Where To Eat


I know the first time I head to the US I was so overwhelmed that I didn’t know where to start in terms of shopping, sightseeing, and dining. Thankfully, I spent over two months away that summer and overtime managed to accomplish quite a bit including a road trip around California and a visit to Las Vegas, Nevada. However, my visit to the US this time over was rather different, and I’d be lying if I said I did not panic over choice of places to visit due to the shorter duration of my stay.
Here, I have chosen a few of my favourite places to eat in New York City and hopefully this would be helpful for those looking to visit in the near future!

At first choice and a definite recommendation I would suggest a visit to Red Lobster – serving seafood with a variety of dishes including soups, salads, and pasta’s. If you choose to dine here, why not try one of their deliciously refreshing frozen margaritas? Also, skip the diet for the evening, the garlic and cheese buttermilk biscuits are possibly the tastiest food I ate whilst being away!

If you’re opting for something healthier and with a large variety of ingredient options, head over to Gigi’s Café. Here, you can build your own salads, pastas, and sandwiches with all fresh, crisp ingredients and the dish will be prepared there and then right in front of you. Chipotle, a Mexican grill located on almost every other block on the streets of New York is also a quick and healthy option for readily made salads, tacos and burritos.

When looking for cheap and cheerful food on-the-go, then I would suggest the mouth watering, fresh pizza slices from 2 Bro’s Pizza (also prepared in front of you after ordering). At 99cent a pizza slice (very large pizza slice!) you cannot really go wrong – apart from the desire for more slices.

Now, a trip to NYC would not be complete (or so I tell myself) without indulging into full fat burgers and deep fried food. For a sit down meal at a burger places as opposed to your typical fast food restaurant, head over to BRGR for pure beef and turkey burgers but do not forget the side order of onion hay. Being a lover of onions, these fried onions were insanely tasty and like nothing I had tried before.

Finally, Chinese! We’ve all seen the cute white take out boxes in the movies, and we’ve always wished we had them here. So on the last night, we ordered Chinese straight to our hotel, spent a tad too long taking snaps of the boxes but the food was worth the wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment