Wednesday 29 April 2015

Ditch the Cartons: At Home Juice Detox


2015 has been the year of body cleansing in the form teatoxing and juicing. Social media has particularly seen an influx of the juicing trend, where celebrities and popular figures have endorsed brands that cater to natural weight loss and healthy juicing. At the start of 2015 I made it my personal resolution to jump onto the healthy bandwagon and take a further step into eating naturally. After a fair amount of research and a couple of failed push-starts, I came across a juice weight loss program - a brand that offered a 3 day detox program. I was attracted to this particular brand as it promised to clear your body from toxins and aid in healthy weight loss in a programmed time frame. As promised, when I placed my order I received the correct amount of juiced bottles, all numbered and stages for the correct 'meal' eating (or drinking) times. By the end of my detox I felt great, full of energy (yes you read that correctly) and I wanted to learn more. However, there was a downfall. The three days of a handful of bottled juice had cost me £115. After bickering with my mum about purchasing another set of juices, she suggested I made more for my money by purchasing my own top-quality juicer and fruit. That simple, I know.

Kale, spinach and green apple ready for a smoothie
After a trip to my local John Lewis, I left with a 'maximum juice, minimum fuss' Philips juicer that cost me no more than £70. I also picked up a Kenwood smoothie maker for £20. Since then, I have been enjoying mixing up my own fruit and veg ingredients to make juices and fruit smoothies for both detox purposes but also as a way of incorporating more healthy foods into my diet.

Left is the Phillips Juicer, right is the Kenwood Smoothie maker
The juicer I bought allows me to make 1.5l of pressed juice, which is perfect for bottling up and putting in the fridge - this is the food prepping that all trainers are raving about! Using this juicer, I've also found it easier to drink up some fruit & veg that I wouldn't normal eat i.e. ginger - the benefits of ginger are endless, though I don't like its raw taste. In juice it adds a delicious tang that I love!
Here's the Phillips juicer I bought and love.
Here's the Kenwood smoothie maker that makes delicious magic in seconds.
All blended and ready to be poured over ice, voila!
I hope this inspires you to ditch the cartons and create your own healthy goodness.

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment