Monday 27 April 2015

Todays FOTD: Everyday Natural Makeup

Despite being a makeup junkie, there are few firm favourites that I use pretty much everyday and serve as holy grail items in my beauty stash. This post is a quick insight into some of the main treats my face is fed on a daily basis.
Base: Nars Sheer Glow in Santa Fe
I've been using this foundation for 4 years now and I still have no complaints. It's the perfect everyday foundation for normal-dry skin, due to its luminous finish I wouldn't recommend this foundation for oilier skin types as it may make your skin super greasy without constant powder touch-ups. Personally, I tend to get slightly *greasier* in my t-zone area, but I use Macs MSF after a few hours use and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. I wouldn't say this foundation radiates that 'glow from within' look, but rather has a beautiful satin finish that smoothes over any imperfections without drawing any attention to them. In terms of coverage, this foundation is sheer in texture, though buildable for soft coverage of imperfections.

Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (Bronze Universal)
This cream-gel bronzer was all the rage a couple of years back, and most people seemed to have gave up on the application of this makeup newbie. Though once you've caught the hang of what works best with this product, it really works a treat in warming up your skins base. The trick, for me at least, is to use the product as I would foundation. I like to use this with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush, and gently pat in upward motions from the hollow of my cheekbones.

Contour: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola
Although I'm not a massive contouring freak, I like to use this product to create a slight illusion of a shadow for my cheekbones and down my nose. For olive skin tones, I find this works best as a contour shade rather than a bronzer as it has 'cool' undertones rather than a red base. It's also a matte product, which is perfect for defining the face.

Highlight: Mac Lustre Drops
With this product, a little goes a long way. I like to use a couple of drops of this over my cheekbones and down my nose to create a luminous and radiant base.

Lips: Mac Soar & Blankety
Soar is a mauve-pink liner that works perfectly to create the illusion of fuller lips. I fill around and in my lips with this shade and then tap Blankety ontop for a fuller, but also glossier pout.


Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment