Thursday 30 May 2013

Hair care routine - featuring Moroccan Oil & Vo5 Plump Me Up Dry Shampoo


When it comes to my hair care routine, I keep things pretty standard with minimal fuss. For reference, my hair’s quite long (about 4 inches past the boob region) and in pretty healthy condition. I never use heat on my hair (maybe twice a year?) and it naturally dries to semi straight wavy finish. In the past my hairs been put under a lot of trials from red to purple, blonde to light brown – you name it, Nye’s tried it. Then around a year ago I decided to go natural. 
The shampoo I use is the Lee Stafford ‘My Big Fat Healthy Hair’. Due to my hair’s natural straightness, I’m always on the hunt for products that will create some volume and texture to and this shampoo does exactly what it says on the bottle. The roots of my hair are uplifted with  added texture, and my ends are left with bouncy waves, whilst all moisture is maintained.
The conditioner I use is also by Lee Stafford, however it’s from the ‘Hair Growth’ range. I used to use the ‘Big Fat Healthy Hair’ conditioner but I found it gave me dry frizzy ends. As for hair growth, I cannot say I’ve seen a difference, but I am a sucker for this conditioners smell – it’s so fresh and girly, I love it. It also does a beautiful job at making my hair shinier and healthier looking.
As for deep conditioning, I’ve been using Aussie’s ‘3 Minute Miracle’ for about 3 years now, and it’s an absolute dream. I like to use this once or twice a week so that my hair does not rely on it too much but gives it that extra TLC when required.  This product helps manage any knots or frizz that I may have, and it’s just an added luxury in my routine. Sometimes as an added extra, I spritz the Aussie Leave in Conditioner through wet hair. 

One definite Holy Grail item in my routine is my Moroccan Oil. I use a couple of pumps of this through the ends of my hair when it’s semi dry after getting out the shower and not only does it leave my hair smelling beautiful, it also helps manage and prevent split ends and any dryness. I even use half a pump of this on second day hair where it requires defrizzing/taming or that extra oomph of shiny goodness.
I wash my hair about 3-4 times a week, and in between washes I like to keep it looking clean with the help of dry shampoo. Now I’m aware of the hype around Batiste Dry Shampoo, but after giving it several goes, I’m afraid to say I do not get along with the product at all. It leaves my hair feeling and looking chalky, and despite the different so-called scents, I find they all smell like baby powder mixed with cheap body sprays. However, one dry shampoo on the market has absolutely won me over – the Vo5 Plump Me Up Dry Shampoo- this product smells heavenly, and every time I use it I get asked what shampoo I use (obviously there’s not a mention of greasy hair concealed by a lazy attempt of ‘shampooing’). A couple of sprays of this towards the roots and I’m good to go! It also adds the right amount of volume and texture, giving me a preferred finish than freshly washed hair.
A couple of worthwhile mentions the brush/comb I use. There are many reviews out there regarding the Tangle Teaser so I wont bother feeding you with what you already know, but I will give it a well-deserved recommendation to anyone who has long hair that is prone to knots. This brush works like a dream with minimal tugging or pulling at the hair. I also recommend a wide tooth comb to use whilst the hair remains damp or wet – this decreases the chance of damaging your hair or stretching/ripping hair strands, which is typical of a normal bristled brush on wet hair. 

What are your hair care secrets?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment