Tuesday 28 May 2013

NYX Round Lipstick in Strawberry Milk Review:



First of all I’m going to start by saying that this was the first NYX product I’ve ever used, and I can confirm that I am well and truly sold! It was love at first swatch. So, NYX products are not readily available in stores in London, and I actually had to purchase this product from eBay and it cost me no more than £4!
This lipstick is very creamy and I find it gradually wears to a matte finish. It’s not at all drying and neither does it collect or exaggerate chapped lips. However, I would suggest a lip balm application before use, as with all nudey-pink shades, dry lips are more noticeable. The pigmentation is absolutely beautiful, it actually reminds me of the colour payoff of MAC Amplified lipsticks. Also, I love the name ‘Strawberry Milk’; it’s just such an accurate one for this baby pastel pink shade. Reading up on reviews, I’ve found most people complaining about the colour washing them out, however I find it looks super cute with a pink tone blush (it looked beautiful paired with MAC’s blush in ‘Pink Cult’) and winged eyeliner. I also find this colour to work well on top of a slightly darker pink shade (I used YSL Rouge Volupte shade 7), but only placed in the center of the lips to produce fuller lip shape.
Overall, I’m so impressed with this little gem and the price tag that comes with it is just a bonus! I cannot wait to try more colours. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment