Saturday 25 May 2013

Removal of makeup & night time routine

This post gives you a little insight into some of the products I choose to remove my makeup with and use as part of my night time routine. As someone with extremely problematic skin which is so sensitive it reacts to a touch, I find myself switching up and trialing new products.
A staple in my routine and one that I have firmly committed myself to is the Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover - this is a part oil, part water based product which avoids any dragging or pulling at the eyes.
After trying many cleansers, I have found this Elizabeth Arden 2 in 1 cleanser to be the most successful with my skin and it removes makeup, leaving skin very soft and not dry at all.
As for toner, I'm generally torn between Lush's Tea Tree toner, pure witch hazel toner, and this Body Shop tea tree toner - a reoccurring herbal theme (this works best with acne prone skin, and helps reduce and keep breakouts at bay).
I also like to exfoliate my skin a few times a week, and my favourite is this St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. As for moisturizer, I'm on the hunt for a light, non greasy, gentle moisturizer (open to suggestions? Borderline desperate actually!) For the time being, I've returned to my Aloe Vera gel which soothes any problem areas I have at the minute.
Another permanent product in my routine is this Origins Spot Remover - a small dab of this on any breakouts and spot size and redness is reduced in the morning.
Finally, I like to moisturize my lips too, and here's one of my favourites - Balance Me Rose Otto Lip Salve.

Now, with all that said and done, I am well and truly ready for bed.
Night world! 
xo 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Body Shop tea tree range! Great post! :)

    Kelly xx

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love the range too, forgot to mention the pure tea tree oil! & Thank you, glad you liked it :)

      xo

      Delete