Thursday 7 May 2015

Current Hair Styling Products

When it comes to my hair I don't tend to experiment a lot. In fact, I've pretty much been stuck in the same hair styling routine for the past couple of years. Although I haven't switched up my style, I've dabbled into a few new products and found myself a roundup of products.

1) Charles Worthington Texturising Spray: I was initially attracted to picking up this hair texturiser because of an extremely popular cult favourite, Oribe Dry Texturising Spray; unfortunately this product is also extremely expensive. As a general consensus on the blogosphere, the Charles Worthington spray is a cheaper alternative of the Oribe one. I haven't looked back since I first picked this cult favourite up last year! It's the perfect addition, basically like the missing link in my hair styling routine. If like me, you hate freshly washed 'fluffy' hair and prefer that second day hair look and feel, then this product is great for you. It gives your hair extra grit and achieves a backcombed, voluminous look on in one bottle.

2) JLife Heat Shield: If you know me, you know I very rarely put any heat on my hair - not only in fear of hair damage, but also out of sheer laziness! If I'm feeling extra adventurous I take to my hair diffuser for added volume. Obviously, that has a negative effect on the health of my hair so a heat protection product is needed. JLife is not a product I'm too familiar with, but having received a couple of their products in a London Fashion Week goodie bag, I've become a total covert to their brand. This leave in spray reduces potential heat damage whilst providing gentle conditioning. This is a no faff product and does exactly what it says on the tin (or bottle).

3) Aussie Miracle Styling Mousse: Hair mousse takes me back to my early teens, where I used to mousse an' scrunch my hair to the max! Mousse now has a completely different meaning in my hair styling routine. I run about a pump or two of this product through my hair - from the roots down, whilst it's wet, for added volume. My hair tends to fall straight naturally - I'm lucky one or two waves make an appearance but that's about it. This product just helps maintain some wave definition and shine without appearing 'crunchy'.

4) JLife Serum: I take about a pump or two into the palm of my hand and then run it through the mid-lengths and ends of lightly towel dried hair. This product can be used in both wet or dry hair for that added sheen and to help tame frizz. I've found it to work beautifully without weighing my hair down, or making it feel greasy, which some de-frizzers have done.

5) Stila Hair Refreshener: This product gives me life, literally. It's the best dry shampoo I've set my paws on, and it has so many extra uses than a simple freshening of greasy roots! I use this product for volume, grip, texture and it makes my hair not only look, but feel clean. I couldn't recommend this product enough for any of the above uses. If you have lifeless, straight hair that's prone to appearing greasy, give this Stila gem a go!

Let me know what some of your hair faves are.

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment