Sunday 10 May 2015

Morticia Addams Goes White: ootd


Judging by the title of this post, you've probably gathered that this is a Saina style post with a twist. Saina ditches the black clothing (for once, and once only) and goes out in head-toe white! Tragic, I know. Sarcasm aside, I actually don't mind delving into an all white closet every now and then; It's real colour I have a fear of - reds, yellows and oranges.. Today's simple ensemble was an effort to embrace the partial Sunday sun that we had here in London - the denim jacket is a great alternative to leather jackets and an ideal choice during Spring months.


My white jeans are a pair of Topshop Joni jeans that I bought last year, and I'm still making wear out of (yay for white jeans still being 'in'). Although this jeans are 'super' high waisted, I still wear them with loose tops over them. And on top I'm wearing an Urban Outfitters shoulder cutout top, find similar style here. Finally, I opted for my vintage Levis jacket - similar here. This breaks up a somewhat 'feminine' look and not only adds colour, but some 'texture' to the outfit. On my feet, I'm wearing the £4 Primark snake print sliders that I wrote about here.


On a normal day-day basis, I don't tend to opt for clutch bags as they're, let's face it, just an inconvenience to permanently hold, and sometimes give off a pretentious vibe (anyone else get that?). However, for a Sunday family brunch and coffee I deemed it worthy. It also is a great 'earthy' addition to my almost all white colour palette. I bought this leather clutch for £1 at a local charity shop - again, I highly recommend you give second hand buys a chance! You never know what unique pieces you can find. As always I stacked on an assortment of rings, refer back to my 'Magpies Picks' post (here) to find my favourite silver jewelery online stores. I'm also wearing my new love, this Topshop collar necklace featuring a marble like stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment