Monday 29 September 2014

Best Bargain Polish Buys


Today's post is about my latest but favourite nail polish discovery - the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paints. I think everyone has at point in their lives been a fan of the Barry M nail range, however in the past couple of years I found myself drifting away from their nail range until my recent purchases from this polish range. Barry M's latest range includes 32 colours, claiming to have a 'gel' effect on the nails whilst maintaining 'an extra glossy finish'.

Pros: 
Painting my nails is an important part of my beauty regiment, and I tend to paint my nails a total of 3 times a week. Over the years, I've also accumulated quite the boat load of nail polishes from varying brands, both high end and drug store. For that reason, I do not tend to repurchase a particular range if I feel it's not working for me i.e. in terms of chipping, losing shine, fading, problematic application etc. However, this range has absolutely surprised me, and may even be my favourite nail formula at the moment! Although, I'm a devoted user of the Seche Vite top coat, I prefer products that have a high shine formula already - I've never been a fan of matte nails, and I absolutely hate when some products tend to fade after a handwash (Mavala, I'm looking at you). This range does exactly what it says on the bottle, it maintains this gel like appareance and also prevents any chipping or fading! For me, this means I can have a decent manicure at home for as little as £4 - always a good thing. The application is also amazing, the colours are opaque enough for one coat (though, I prefer two) as they're a little thicker in consistency, perhaps due to the 'gelly' like quality. What surprised me the most, was how little time I required for the polish to dry - no more than 2-3 minutes is needed for this formula. Finally, the polish seems to be extremely chip resistant, even without a top coat, I could wear the same application for just over a week. Amazing!

Fantastic formula aside, Barry M has mastered it's colour pallatte for this range. Each and every colour is equally as beautiful, but more importantly - wearable! There are some beautiful neutrals from this range (lychee, almond and cocoa are amazing), which I've found drug store brands tend to fall behind on. There are also some classic but unique shades such as Paprika and Chilli - both a burnt orangey-red with brown undertones, these shades definitely make your nails seem like they've had a high quality pampering using the most luxurious and expensive manicures (Shhh, I wont tell if you wont).

Cons:
My only complaint of this product is the brush - I'm being picky I know. From my experience, a polish with a wider brush makes application such a dream. It not only makes it faster to apply your polish, but also ensures equal distribution of product across the whole nail.

I highly reccommend you give this range a try if you haven't done so already. I promise you will not be dissappointed - take that from a nail polish snob! Leave me any of your reccomendations, I would love to hear what you're all loving at the moment.

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment