Saturday 13 September 2014

DIY: Refreshing Face Mist

I'm sure we've all come across the highly raved about face mists, that not only freshen up your skin but help soothe any skin irritations during the day. I know I love a good face mist, and I always have one on my bedside table and another in my makeup bag. However, after a few trips to a variety of beauty halls, I found myself disheartened by the price tag that comes with these simplistic products. After inspecting a few ingredient lists, I found that this may be something I could create myself at home with only 2-3 items.
What I have discovered that works best for my skin is a combination of Rose water, Witch Hazel and well, water! And I'm sure there are many other combinations that would equally refresh your skin such as Aloe Vera, or Lavender.

How I make the Rose water & Witch Hazel Face Mist:
  • Fill a spritz bottle with 1/4 of distilled water
  • Add 2/4 of Rose water 
  • Finally, add 1/4 of Witch Hazel
The best part of using these natural ingredients is that you can adjust the amounts depending on your personal preference. Sometimes I use 3/4 of Rose water and the rest water - anything that suits you! It also doesn't require much money or effort, I find that a trip to a health food store gave me all of the ingredients for under £5. I like to use these throughout the day if my makeup needs a little refreshing, a small spritz can liven up your skin again. I also find the rose scent to be extremely soothing, and applying the face mist can help calm and cool myself.

What are your thoughts on the DIY face mists?

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment