Wednesday 17 September 2014

Farewell To A High Street Favourite


As some of you may be aware, earlier this season the fashion lingerie retailer, La Senza, announced that the company has fallen into administration once again, forcing its UK based highstreet stores to close down. As a firm favourite of mine, this news brought genuine sadness to myself and my wardrobe, knowing that I now have to venture elsewhere for sleepwear and lingerie (anyone else dread the whole fitting process, and finding the style and cuts that compliment your body best?). Nonetheless, I'm writing this post to let you in on the ridiculous discounts La Senza stores are offering at the moment, as most stores are due to close down within the next couple of weeks!

My local La Senza is quite a big store, and yesterday I had quite the rummage through endless piles of lingerie - all retailing at under £5! (Let's have a moment to take this in...) Garments that I noticed had only been brought to the shop floor a few weeks ago are already being sold at an 1/8 of their original price. Now if that wasn't crazy enough, I noticed that whilst I was slowly but steadily making my way through the rails of bras, a sales assistant changed the sign reading 'All bras £10' to another saying 'All bras £2' - you can only imagine how my steady pace reversed to a frantic hurry with the objective of 'any colour, any style' in mind.

A sales assistant informed me that our local store is due to close down on Saturday. If I find the time (or the persuasion), I'll pay it one last visit in hopes of swooping up any discounts but to also give the iconic hot pink and black franchise a goodbye.

What are your thoughts on this high-street farewell? Any idea's where you'll be turning to now that it's gone?

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment