Saturday 13 September 2014

My Experience: Bicester Village




Today, I thought I'd share with you my shopping experience at the fashion designer outlet - Bicester Village. I have visited this shopping outlet on 3/4 occassions, and my last visit was the most succesfful.
First of all, I should note that I don't live near and therefore only make 1 or 2 visits a year. Every other trip has resulted in one or two purchases from The Cosmetic Company, and a lunch before we leave! However, this time was quite different - I spent about 2 minutes in the Prada store (which might I add is a-mazing) and had my heart set on one particular handbag. Quite naturally, I clutched onto the handbag and produced quite the death stare at any one who gazed over at it. She was mine. I also popped into Michael Kors and purchased a wallet - at £75 I didn't really give it a second thought! A few Estee Lauder and Mac products were also bought at The Cosmetic Company (again) and that was about it.
Despite these successful purchases, I think it's worth mentioning, that Bicester Village is not the best high end outlet center that I've been to, and I must agree with most that the discounts are not worth the 2 hour drive for me. I would have liked to see a variety of designers, rather than the regular house names (Dior, Prada, YSL). I also felt that the high-street likes of French Connection and All Saints did not have much on offer - the in store discounts do not differ much from seasonal sale prices and offerings. As for The Cosmetic Company, the stock does not seem to change much at all! Each time I've payed the store a visit, I've seen the same discontinued Mac products, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess range etc. Perhaps I've just been unlucky on these occasions, but generally speaking, I agree with the majority of Trip Advisor's reviews - good, but not great.

I'll be sharing my purchases in a future post, this was more about my experience.

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment