Thursday 18 September 2014

Primark Home: Deluxe Candles


Love it or hate it, Winter is just around the corner, and for many of us this means Candle Season! Personally, I love candles and the cosy ambience they cast around the home - in fact, I continue burning candles even in the warmer months. Yet the need for candles exceeds around this time of year, and many of us take to home-ware stores in search of the right scents to provide our homes with that fragrant, warm glow.

Although I have a list of my favourite scented candles for Winter, I thought I would share with you an inexpensive option for the transitional period - not quite chestnuts and wild figs, but rather lighter scents that are perhaps more seasonally appropriate. If you are a lover of candles, then I'm sure you've dabbled into the branded offerings such as Yankee, Jo Malone, and Diptyque candles, which are slightly pricier, though worth every penny due to the scents and quality of the products. Despite being a committed buyer of such brands, I sometimes myself struggling to justify the price tag that goes with their products and as a result, I have tried more budget friendly alternatives.
I first discovered these Primark Home candles a couple of weeks ago and purchased almost one of every scent, and after a recent visit to the store again I repurchased these two scents as I was pleasantly surprised at their quality.

The products photographed for this post are brand new, but I have used up a couple of the Deluxe candles and I can confirm that the '30 hour' burning time is rather accurate! But what I was more impressed by is the way in which the flame burns the entire product down, avoiding that big dent in the middle and the wasted product at the sides. I will admit a couple of the scents were not to my liking, and a tad too artificially sweet (Red Berrie & Orchid was a nono for me), but my absolute favourite of the range is the Coconut & Vanilla Cream - this scent definitely brings an added warmth to your room with its sweet but light scent.

For the £1/£2 price tag, I think these candles are definitely worth it and I hope Primark Home continues releasing such high standard candles and scents towards the Christmas Season. I would love to know if you have any cheap candle alternatives.

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment