Saturday 13 September 2014

Garnier vs Bioderma



We've heard the beauty experts rave about the Bioderma Crealine H20, and along with that we've been told that it's gentle on skin, removes every trace of makeup (including eye makeup) with minimal effort, leaving the face feeling fresh and clean. As part of this new makeup remover movement, Bioderma Crealine H20 is a micellar solution - a solution cosisting of oils that are retained in water molecules, making this feel as gentle and texture free as water.
After purchasing two full size bottles of this product, I can safely confirm that I have been converted to the Bioderma wave. This solution is extremely gentle on my problematic skin, it does not dry my face out and does an amazing job at removing every scrap of makeup - I've even used it for waterproof makeup too! I soak two cotton pads with this solution, and glide it across my face and neck to leave my skin feeling clean and fresh. Now, I have to throw my hands up here and admit that nothing has come as close to the effectiveness of this product. So far so good right? Unfortunately not. This product is rather difficult to obtain, and can sometimes take a long while to receive from the like of eBay etc.

However, Garnier have noticed the hype and have fired back with their answer to Bioderma's micellar solution, offering a very similar alternative which is far easier to retrieve. Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water. I'm going to admit it didn't take much convincing for me to pick this product up, and I went ahead with the purchase before really reading up on it online. Firstly, let's point out the obvious - the packaging. The two look very similar in terms of the clear plastic bottle and pink caps, but it's what's inside that counts!
Unfortunately, I'm not in love with the Garnier Micellar solution. I feel that it doesn't work as well on eye makeup, and where I'd usually require two soaked cotton pads with the Bioderma, I require 3 using the Garnier solution. I also found the Garnier product to dry my skin around my nose.
I had a brief look at the ingredients, and it appears that Garnier have used less, perhaps this goes hand in hand with the ineffectiveness?

As much as I wanted to love this offering, which comes at 1/3 of the price and is readily available, it just did not amaze me. What are your thoughts? Have you tried any other micellar waters?

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment