Monday 22 September 2014

The Olympia Beauty Show


This weekend I was lucky enough to receive tickets to attend The Oympia Beauty Show, an exhibition including innovations and techniques for all beauty professionals to browse and purchase. Located in Kensignton Olympia's Great Hall, the show hosted over 550 brands from varying sectors of the beauty industry. In addition to big beauty reveals, there were competitions, international guest speakers, and live training sessions from a selection of experts. The stands included every aspect of the industry imaginable, from teeth whitening treatments to facial fuzz eliminators, or spray tanning sessions and eyebrow tinting to nail art training.
When I first entered the hall, the sight was rather overwhelming. Each and every corner was filled with stands surrounded by keen crowds and the thought of hurling my way through seemed impossible. So here's my tip of the day, look at the floor plan, mark which stands you want to see and immediately embark your journey towards finding them! Not only does this avoid you slowly dodging your way through stands you don't really care for, but also gives you a chance to pick up that last lipstick before it's out of stock.

Did that subtle hint give you an indication of what I was really there for? Makeup, of course. As soon as I discovered NYX Cosmetics had a stand featuring ALL their range, I was, shall we say, a tad too excited? I mage my way to the end of the hall where the stand was located, and knew it was a case of survival of the fittest, allowing no room for manners or orderly queues! Evidently, I was not the only one excited for NYX making an appearance, and I had to make a dive into the heaps of people to snatch whatever I could. I did manage to purchase a few things, and which I will feature those in a later haul post.
I spent the rest of my day wandering around live sessions including The Art of Makeup and The Art of Body Painting competitions, which included artists and body painters showcasing their phenomenal body art creations in hopes of being crowned Makeup Artist and Body Painter of 2014. It was a very educational and well-organised event, and I must admit I did pick up one or two tips along the way. My only complaint would be that there were not enough makeup offerings, especially when compared to the 100+ stands dedicated to nails. Though that's just down to personal preference!


Saina 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment