Tuesday 23 September 2014

Olympia Beauty: NYX Cosmetics Haul


As promised, this post is about the little gems from NYX Cosmetics, which I managed to bag at the Olympia Beauty Show. Prior to this haul, I had dabbled into NYX products and there were two items that I had hopes of finding at the exhibition - the 'Xtreme Shine Lip Cream' lip glosses and their finely milled, pigmented blushers. Although the stand featured all their range, the stock seemed low at my time of visit and many colours had sold out. However, I did manage to snatch a few shades of both products and I have swatched all the items below. In addition to these items, I bought my first NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in ''Sugar Pie" which is a champagne based nude with slight shimmer running through it - I have heard quite a lot of about this lip gloss and it's non-stick formula, so I'm keen to layer it over nude lipsticks. Finally, I grabbed two Round lipsticks in the shades "Strawberry Milk" (pale pink) and "Circe" (peach toned true nude) - these lipsticks are super creamy and very pigmented (think Mac's Amplified lipsticks).

I checked and compared the prices online and found that the products were being sold at a slight discounted price at the show. All the products are quite cheap (£5 and under), being retailed at your typical 'high street' brand prices, but the products are definitely not of cheap quality as they have great colour pay off and long wearability. All these products are available on the NYX website, though I must admit, the online swatches are not really true to colour, making it extremely difficult to find the right shades.

Do you have any NYX favourites?

Saina
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment